[Setup] Addon installation with buildout fails with "timed out -- Some packages may not be found!"
Linuxgirl
2013-11-05 15:40:12 UTC
I just installed Plone 4.2.3 on Linux (RHEL 5.8) and try to install
plone.app.ldap now. Buildout failed everytime I tried with the following
messages:

Setting socket time out to 10 seconds
Uninstalling precompiler.
Uninstalling zopepy.
Uninstalling client2.
Uninstalling client1.
Updating zeoserver.
Installing client1.
Download error on http://dist.plone.org: timed out -- Some packages may not
be found!
Download error on http://download.zope.org/ppix/: timed out -- Some packages
may not be found!
Download error on http://download.zope.org/distribution/: timed out -- Some
packages may not be found!
Download error on http://effbot.org/downloads: timed out -- Some packages
may not be found!
Download error on http://dist.plone.org/release/4.3.2: timed out -- Some
packages may not be found!
Download error on https://pypi.python.org/pypi/: timed out -- Some packages
Download error on http://pypi.python.org/simple/plone.app.ldap/: timed out
-- Some packages may not be found!
Download error on http://pypi.python.org/simple/plone.app.ldap/: timed out
-- Some packages may not be found!
Couldn't find index page for 'plone.app.ldap' (maybe misspelled?)
Download error on http://pypi.python.org/simple/: timed out -- Some packages
may not be found!
Getting distribution for 'plone.app.ldap==1.3.'.
While:
Installing client1.
Getting distribution for 'plone.app.ldap==1.3.'.
Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'plone.app.ldap==1.3.'.
*************** PICKED VERSIONS ****************
[versions]

*************** /PICKED VERSIONS ***************

After this my Plone installation is broken, until I remove plone.app.ldap
from buildout.cfg and run buildout again.
I checked, if maybe the installation took place, like it was proposed in the
other threads I found, but nothing there. I tried to install
Products.PloneLDAP, Products.LDAPUserFolder 2.26 or
Products.LDAPMultiPlugins 1.14 via buildout and the problem stays the same.
I checked the URL in the error message and can see the package, it wants to
get. I could download with wget, though found that to manage that, I had to
feed it the link of the package (copied it from the page) which was very
different from what I had in the error message (Products.PloneLDAP as
example)

URL (see above): https://pypi.python.org/simple/Products.PloneLDAP/
for wget: wget --no-check-certificate
https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/P/Products.PloneLDAP/Products.PloneLDAP-1.2.zip#md5=46caa70e6676e7b4665deb0e20452d97

Our proxy is enabled and wget managed to get through without problems, so it
doesn't seem to be the system settings that are in the way.

So far I didn't find any solution that fit for my problem on the web as the
download servers are obviously up and running. I tried to install
Products.PloneLDAP like described under
http://plone.org/documentation/kb/add-ons/installing for installing Zope2
products with buildout, but all I get is this:

Updating zeoserver.
Updating client1.
Updating client2.
Updating backup.
Updating zopepy.
Updating unifiedinstaller.
Updating precompiler.
Compiling Python files.
Compiling locale files.
Error while compiling
/cms/vhosts/desktop-news_test/Plone-4.3.2/buildout-cache/eggs/python_gettext-1.2-py2.7.egg/pythongettext/tests/test5.po
Error while compiling
/cms/vhosts/desktop-news_test/Plone-4.3.2/buildout-cache/eggs/python_gettext-1.2-py2.7.egg/pythongettext/tests/test_escape.po
Updating setpermissions.
setpermissions: Running
# Dummy references to force this to execute after referenced parts
echo /cms/vhosts/desktop-news_test/Plone-4.3.2/zeocluster/var/backups yes >
/dev/null
chmod 600 .installed.cfg
# Make sure anything we've created in var is r/w by our group
find /cms/vhosts/desktop-news_test/Plone-4.3.2/zeocluster/var -type d -exec
chmod 770 {} \; 2> /dev/null
find /cms/vhosts/desktop-news_test/Plone-4.3.2/zeocluster/var -type f -exec
chmod 660 {} \; 2> /dev/null
find /cms/vhosts/desktop-news_test/Plone-4.3.2/zeocluster/var -type d -exec
chmod 770 {} \; 2> /dev/null
find /cms/vhosts/desktop-news_test/Plone-4.3.2/zeocluster/var -type f -exec
chmod 660 {} \; 2> /dev/null
chmod 754 /cms/vhosts/desktop-news_test/Plone-4.3.2/zeocluster/bin/*
*************** PICKED VERSIONS ****************
[versions]

Steve McMahon
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
This is maybe a stupid question, but where does builtout get any proxy
settings? Does it use wgetrc or something else? As the user plone_buildout
does not have a home dir and no login, I can't give him proxy settings via
bashrc to see if that would change anything.

Steve McMahon
2013-11-06 16:36:08 UTC
See
http://developer.plone.org/reference_manuals/old/buildout/additional.html#running-buildout-behind-a-proxy

That's set with the "http_proxy" environment variable, which is often setup
with a .*rc file.
--
http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Addon-installation-with-buildout-fails-with-timed-out-Some-packages-may-not-be-found-tp7568743p7568768.html
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Hi limex,

Hi Steve,

&nbsp;

yay, jackpot. The problem was that plone_buildout (which is added during the Plone installation and has no home and no login) didn&#39;t have any proxy settings and like I said, I could not simply add them by putting them in an *rc file. I don&#39;t want to tamper with the restrictions of that user, as there&#39;s most likely a sound reason for the fact that it&#39;s added without login and home dir).

The link provided the solution by adding &quot;http_proxy&quot; and &quot;https_proxy&quot; to &quot;env_keep&quot; in /etc/sudoers.

&nbsp;

Now I get a lot of other error messages (looks like the installation of python-ldap failed), but that&#39;s another problem. This one is solved.

Big thank you to both of you.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Gesendet:&nbsp;Mittwoch, 06. November 2013 um 17:09 Uhr
Von:&nbsp;&quot;limex [via Plone]&quot; &lt;ml-node+s293351n7568770h73 at n2.nabble.com&gt;
An:&nbsp;Linuxgirl &lt;jessica.borchert1 at gmx.de&gt;
Betreff:&nbsp;Re: Addon installation with buildout fails with &quot;timed out -- Some packages may not be found!&quot;

Hi linuxgirl

i had the same problems with the proxy. i put the settings to /etc/environment but that didn&#39;t solved my problem.
Try export http_proxy and/or export ftp_proxy.
As well it depends with which user you run buildout. Be sure that the proxy settings are valid for that user as well.

For me the export worked.

check http://developer.plone.org/reference_manuals/old/buildout/additional.html#running-buildout-behind-a-proxy

Good Luck
&nbsp;

http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Addon-installation-with-buildout-fails-with-timed-out-Some-packages-may-not-be-found-tp7568743p7568770.html

To unsubscribe from Addon installation with buildout fails with &quot;timed out -- Some packages may not be found!&quot;, click here .
NAML

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
There are also an "environment-vars" settings for many buildout recipes. If
you're using the Unified Installer's buildout, that's set in base.cfg.
Post by Linuxgirl
Hi limex,
Hi Steve,
yay, jackpot. The problem was that plone_buildout (which is added during
the Plone installation and has no home and no login) didn't have any proxy
settings and like I said, I could not simply add them by putting them in an
*rc file. I don't want to tamper with the restrictions of that user, as
there's most likely a sound reason for the fact that it's added without
login and home dir).
The link provided the solution by adding "http_proxy" and "https_proxy" to
"env_keep" in /etc/sudoers.
Now I get a lot of other error messages (looks like the installation of
python-ldap failed), but that's another problem. This one is solved.
Big thank you to both of you.
*Gesendet:* Mittwoch, 06. November 2013 um 17:09 Uhr
*Von:* "limex [via Plone]" <[hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=7568781&i=0>
*An:* Linuxgirl <[hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=7568781&i=1>
*Betreff:* Re: Addon installation with buildout fails with "timed out --
Some packages may not be found!"
Hi linuxgirl
i had the same problems with the proxy. i put the settings to
/etc/environment but that didn't solved my problem.
Try export http_proxy and/or export ftp_proxy.
As well it depends with which user you run buildout. Be sure that the
proxy settings are valid for that user as well.
For me the export worked.
check
http://developer.plone.org/reference_manuals/old/buildout/additional.html#running-buildout-behind-a-proxy
Good Luck
-- Some packages may not be found!", click here.
NAML<http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>